The Shelby County Chamber of Commerce has partnered again this year with Spirit Seminars to bring you “Moving Beyond Confrontation: Managing Team Conflict”. This workshop will be presented Wednesday, December 7 at Indiana Wesleyan University. Two sessions will be offered: 8:07 a.m. to 12:07 p.m. and 1:07 p.m. to 5:07 p.m.
IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR YOU?
If everyone in your organization is performing at his or her peak level, you may not want to send anyone to this workshop. But you will if you have employees who don’t:
* Identify the various functional styles of co-workers in order to more effectively problem solve.
* Recognize the difference between aggressive, avoidance, and assertive communication.
* Use a process of reasoned discourse to move people beyond polarized positions on issues.
* Model the conflict management behaviors of “speaking in specifics” and “checking perspectives.”
* Increase the success of their team because of healthy disagreement skills.
* Understand the difference between argumentation and verbal aggression.
* Know the four stages of team development.
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE WORKSHOP?
Examine common attitudes and beliefs about conflict, as well as new thinking about the potential conflict offers for personal and team growth. In this workshop, you will have the opportunity to assess your own conflict style and develop a comprehensive conflict management plan for your personal and professional life. Learn to understand why we have conflict, where conflict comes from, and how to deal with conflict when it erupts. Participants will break into small groups for interaction and support.
Jim Schneider of Spirit Seminars has been in Shelby County the last few weeks contacting members about this opportunity. If you have not talked with Jim, are interested in hearing more about the program or would like to register, please call the Chamber at 317-398-6647.